This is a period in my life that didn’t go as I thought it would.
My focus has changed without my knowing. I’m not good with change.
But I plan on doing what I have always done. I’m going to relax, reflect and refocus on what makes me happy.
So…here’s a rough list of what I’m thankful for….
- a healthy kid– that’s a big one, right? I hope more people out there take the time to kiss their fever less child at night…to pray in thankfulness at the days not waiting on a doctor’s answer. I have the utmost respect for the moms and dads who have the strength to handle what is given them. We all have our own burdens, but I am honestly thankful for my child’s good health….health in all matters, physical and mental
- a wonderful perspective- Because, lets face it..there are times when that is what it is all about. Have I faced trials and tribulations?? Absolutely..you have too. But during my making God took the time to bless me with the ability to let it roll of my back. Bad crap happens, but it doesn’t get me down. I’m not sure why, I’m not sure how…but I’m thankful for that.
- people who love me- Where would I be? There is a huge bubble of folks around me that love me (and my kid) unconditionally. They are always there, always around, always caring. Some are related by blood, some are not. They are amazing and truly a reason to be thankful.
- my education- Wowzers…I went back to college at an untraditional age, but I am so thankful for the ability to get an education.
- the basics- a clean, safe house…food on my table…the ability to pay bills…a car that starts every time I drive it…shoes that fit my feet…hobbies that keep my interest…books that friends loan me…meeting new people…our English bulldog…regular trash service…A/C…cheap grocery store flowers…seasonal fruit…a name that is easy to pronounce…friends who listen regardless of the time…Fuzzy’s giggle…my garden…loving parents…a living Grandma…plenty of babysitting options…the smell of my son’s head while he’s sleeping, etc.
Obviously this list is getting out of hand, but I’m happy to be able to write it.
What would be on your list?